The Rock Ranch LLC, a 1,250-acre cattle ranch owned by Chick-fil-A® Founder, S. Truett Cathy, will kick off “Fall Family Fun Days” on Sept. 20, 2008. The Rock Ranch provides a unique blend of “agritourism” (wholesome family entertainment in an agricultural setting). Fall Family Fun Days at The Rock Ranch feature a wide variety of interactive, educational and family-based events, activities and programs for its guests.
Each of the Fall Family Fun Days will feature special themed events that include:
• September 20 –The Rock Ranch Rural Round Up features the grand opening of the “Explore Georgia” corn maze, live music, hillbilly karaoke, arm wrestling and lawnmower racing among other fun rural activities. There will also be a tug of war competition where ranch hands Henry and Max will take on everyone else in attendance at the same time. This date also serves as media day (all members of the media and their families enter free of charge) – and teach appreciation day (all school teachers with a school ID card enter for free with their immediate family).
• September 27 – The Rock Ranch Bluegrass Festival provides a full day of bluegrass that will feature Cedar Hill, The Honey Creek Boys, Due South and more. This date also serves as home school day (all homeschoolers and their parents receive ½-off the price of admission)
• October 4 – Growing Up Green, featuring Bob and Larry of Veggie Tales will allow guests to enjoy having their photos made with the Veggie Tales characters. There will be fun games and activities that involve having fun with vegetables and thinking green. Various booths, presentations and demonstrations will provide information about “green” topics such as alternative energy, recycling, composting and more.
• October 11 – Wagon Wheel Market Day offers fun for the whole family with a premier shopping experience among exhibitors of hand-made crafts (for mom), excellent concessions and great guy gadgets like the pumpkin cannon (for dad), and a full days worth of fun attractions (for the children).
• October 18 – The Rock Ranch Hot Air Balloon Rally, sponsored by Ferrell Gas, features many beautiful hot air balloons that will participate in an early morning competition flight, an evening competition flight, and a “balloon glow” after dark. Tethered rides will be available in the evening if weather permits. Also The Moo Cow Bikers/ Victory Junction Gang charity motorcycle ride will originate at Great South Harley Davidson in Newnan and arrive at The Rock Ranch in parade fashion at 4pm. One lucky biker will be chosen to ride off into the sunset in the Harley Davidson Hot Air Balloon.
• October 25 – “The Rock” of Salvation Christian Music Concert, in partnership with Atlanta’s J93, features popular Christian artists. A full line-up of artists will be released September 22.
• November1 – Pumpkin Destruction Day allows guests to assist in the destruction of any unsold pumpkins or bring their own to recycle through fun methods such as: the pumpkin cannon, pumpkin bowling, the hammer smash and the lift crane pumpkin drop, among others.
• November 8 – The Rock Ranch Great Outdoor Adventure features exciting outdoor activities and educational demonstrations. Guests will enjoy a falconry demonstration, birds of prey exhibition, archery, fishing rodeo, insect education lab, wildlife station, and a reptile show by Jason Clark of Animal Planet.
In addition to the themed weekends, guests will find a variety of family fun attractions that are included with admission each weekend. Admission includes unlimited use of:
o Locomotive Train Rides
o Hay Rides
o Pony Rides
o Corn Cannons
o The Cow Train
o Pedal Carts
o Paddle Boats
o Cane Pole Fishing
o The Farmland Petting Zoo
o Conestoga Wagon Inflatable
o Children’s “Jolly Jump”
o Children’s John Deere Gators
o The Giant Sling Shot
o The Relaxation Station and Creek
o The Corn Box Play Area
o Little Town
o Horse Shoes
o Musical Entertainment
o Giant Inflatable Jumping Pillow
o The “Explore Georgia” Corn Field
“The goal at The Rock Ranch is to create an opportunity for families to spend quality time together and provide educational and entertaining programs that create positive life memories,” said Jeff Manley, general manager of The Rock Ranch, LLC. “Throughout the years, we’ve learned to blend our love of agriculture with entertainment to keep people interested and involved in a way of life that our grandparents knew well, but now is in danger of being forgotten.”
The theme this year for the popular corn maze at The Rock Ranch is “Explore Georgia.” As fuel prices continue to discourage long distance travel, The Rock Ranch seeks to highlight some of the wonderful elements found locally, in Georgia. The maze includes information about Georgia’s history, famous people and exciting destinations. Maze-goers can attempt a scavenger hunt/word search to find and match Georgia key words hidden in the maze. The Rock Ranch is partnered with The Georgia Department of Economic Development and Tourism on this year’s maze and its purpose is to educate guests about this state and all that it has to offer – right outside their backdoors. It also is designed to help make Georgians aware of exploregeorgia.org, a new state tourism website designed to assist citizens in fully enjoying this great state.
General admission is $13 for adults and $11 for children 12 and under (children under 3 are free).
Admission includes all activities and attractions. Discount coupons are available at participating Chick-fil-A locations through November, 8. The Rock Ranch is open each Saturday from Sept. 20 to Nov. 8, from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
In 2007, nearly 12,000 guests visited The Rock Ranch over 8 Saturdays of Fall Family Fun. For more information or directions, contact The Rock Ranch at (706) 647-6374 or visit www.TheRockRanch.com.
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone