(StatePoint) Although your child may be spending hours quietly studying for that big test, it doesn't mean he's getting the most out of his study time.
Help your children study smarter with these tips from Dr. John Stuppy, spokesman for TutorVista, an online tutoring service:
* Schedules: Plan well and prioritize. Study when you're rested and alert.
* Outlines: Summarize lessons learned in class. Review notes rather than the entire lesson.
* Study Groups: Help kids stay motivated while exchanging ideas and knowledge.
* Flash Cards: Reinforce lessons and help with last minute preparation.
* SQ3R: Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review. This technique maximizes learning.
Community News You Can Use
Fayette Front Page
Georgia Front Page
Follow us on Twitter: @GAFrontPage